Email me if you have Questions:

Thursday, June 20, 2013

EKODA: Shamaim Israeli Restaruant... a little treasure in the burbs of Tokyo



I'm the biggest fan ever of Hummus but its soooo hard to find it in Tokyo and when you do the hours are normally whacky or the location is a bit out of the way... but after having past Shamaim シャマイム several times during lunch with no luck they were randomly open today!  Lucky or perhaps I've been there on off days.  Yippee!



It was just a very very nice dark cozy atmosphere... totally relaxing.


On the BGM when I entered... Shoef K'mo Evod by Yasmin Levy


I was here for the Falafel Set that included Hummus, Pita Bread, Salad and a small spicy green dish.
I definitely have to hit up the Belly dance Show :)

It was just a beautiful sight... its just been too long since I've had Hummus or Falafel.


I've only had these items as an adult so my review will probably be off... but the falafel had a great crunch on the outside and tasty in the middle.

This salad was amazing and sooo crunchy... the tomatos seemed a bit stewed and had a nice kick.


Loved this spice... wish I knew what it was.

2 Pita's.





Israeli beer Maccabee for 735yen.


Shop has been featured on so many magazines...


Dinner is gold... for 2,100yen its all you can eat... wow... not too bad.

The guy pictured here was the waiter/chef, friendly and great service.  I was just totally satisfied with my meal and made it a point to eat very slowly as to enjoy the great food and great music on the BGM.  I will definitely be back and you should give it a try!  Only 8 minutes from Ikebukuro and about 30min from Roppongi (via 1 transfer).  For Tokyo's Middle Eastern Foodie Ranking click HERE.

Shop: Shamaim Israeli Restaurant シャマイム 江古田
Shop Website: http://shamaimtokyo.com/
Address J: 東京都練馬区栄町4-11 アートビル 2F
Address E: Tokyo, Nerima-ku, Sakaecho 4-11, 2F
MAP:

View Larger Map

1 comment: