Email me if you have Questions:

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

EKODA: Kyushu-Ya Kamaboko-Ten... great 300yen Squid Tempura!!

When I was little I'd frequent Okinawa to visit my mother and relatives and what I always looked forward to was Ika-Tempura (Cuttlefish/Squid).  Rarely do I spot it in Tokyo... but my random wanderings took me to Ekoda to this somewhat old looking tiny Kamaboko Shop.

On occasion they sell out as their main business is Kamaboko but got lucky this day.

300yen for a clear plastic full of Kamaboko... probably about 7-8 pieces.

Other offerings include Gyoza or Shumai wrapped in Kamaboko... but the customer ahead of me ordered Red Pepper (togarashi) Kamaboko... will have to try that next time.


I guess the cook was done for the day but the poor guy has all kinds of burns from the hot oil they use to make the Kamaboko and Tempura.





A nice flavorful somewhat crispy exterior with a very tender interior.  Almost like finger food that even kids enjoy... Highly recommend it!

Shop: Kyushu-Ya Kamaboko-Ten
Address J: 東京都練馬区栄町35-1
Address E: Tokyo, Nerima-ku, Sakaecho 35-1
MAP:

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment