Email me if you have Questions:

Monday, February 4, 2013

EKODA: Nanten for 600yen Special "Gyu-Kotsu Ramen" beef bone soup base.

Was craving some 650yen monstrous Ramen Jiro but closed on Sundays... so my walk took me all the way to Ekoda on a hunt for a new ramen shop and well... this 600yen "Gyu (beef) Kotsu (bones)" ramen stopped me in my tracks.  Plus the threw in an flavored egg too.  I gotta say I've always been curious about the surfing pig painting.

Different Ramen selections.



The Chef must really really like Reggae... playing the whole time on BGM.


Only 1 guy on deck on a slow Sunday night.  The seating is sandwiched between the kitchen and entrance and I just felt this stare the whole time during my ramen.

Toppings


I can say its a pretty ramen but the small bowl really did throw me off.  There was quite a bit in there.

There's a western familiarity to the broth... reminded me of American soup... quite possibly french onion soup but more like Consommé Soup .  Flavor lingered for a while thinking there was an added dose of MSG to the mix.  

Noodles were very al'dente and quite thick... lacked the chewiness that I'm nuts about.



The initial impression was not too bad but as I got half way the saltiness (MSG?) just got me unusually thirsty.  First time ever to have Beef Broth ramen vs Tonkotsu (Pork) or Seafood based broth.  I probably won't ever go back here but with a University facing the shop there is always a nice crowd inside.  Service was friendly but he does like to stare.

Walked past Nanten on 4/11/2013 and the exterior was cluttered with random menu items.  I think this place may have changed owners... hmm....


Restaurant: Nanten
Address J: 東京都練馬区栄町10-3
Address E: Tokyo, Nerima-ku, Sakaecho 10-3
MAP:

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment