Email me if you have Questions:

Friday, December 27, 2019

OIZUMI GAKUEN: Marutatsu Sushi revisited 8 years later and it was NOT memorable... so sad. (Sony RX100)

My last visit with Mari was back in 2011 for dinner and it was such a great delicious value and I just had to return for lunch. 

Lunch specials are pictured outside and they also are servicing Oysters here.. only 190 yen per.

Rare to see a sushi shop with at TV.

L shaped counter seating and 2nd floor for bigger groups.

Here we go!  I just went with the basic sushi set with rolls 880 yen (962 with tax).

Pre-made salads in the sushi showcase...hmm...

Salad was a bit aged.  

This was yum!  Warm cup of tofu or maybe seasoned egg whites?

Here we go!  I started with the Ika (squid) and it was sooooo chewy... felt like I was trying to cut into rubber. Then went for the Tuna that was incredibly light pink... MUSH! No texture at all.  I was about to give up but couldn't leave too many pieces on my plate.  Everything was just so bad. 

Miso soup came with the lunch set. 


In the sushi showcase everything was pre-cut.  Normally they will slice the blocks of fish as you order.  The quality was at or below anything you can buy at the supermarket... Won't be back.

Restaurant: Marutatsu Sushi
Address J: 東京都練馬区東大泉4-1-5
Address E: Tokyo, Nerima-ku, Higashi Oizumi 4-1-5

すし処 まる辰 , まるたつ, 寿司, 魚介料理, 海鮮料理, 居酒屋, 大泉学園駅, Japan, Japanese, Sony Rx100, foodie, yelp, tabelog, sashimi, sake, beer, lunch, dinner, sushi, maguro, chutoro

No comments:

Post a Comment