Email me if you have Questions:

Wednesday, December 25, 2019

IKEBUKURO: Sushi Zanmai on Christmas Eve but Maguro increased from 158 yen to 198 yen! (Sony RX100)

I couldn't make it back to the US for Christmas so at time when my foreign friends go away and Christmas Eve is such a date night in Tokyo.... I head to my nearest Sushizanmai alone. :(


Great how everything is pictured... There are so many tourists in Japan now that the waitresses no longer try to speak to you in Japanese as they assume you are visiting.  Just point!


Always a fan of Tuna or Negi-toro rolls.


If you need wasabi just ask the chef "wasabi kudasai" as its not normally added to the sushi.




TUNA!  It was 158 yen last year but bumped up to 198 yen.  Though the Chu-Toro is still 298 yen.


Gotta get the Egg sushi... sweet flavor and filling.



Seems you can order take-out too.  He was preparing a bento box but could be for customers at drinking locations like Cabakura or Ladies Bar.



3 Chefs... all busy.


Neighboring Salarymen. 


Then this elderly guy sat next to me.  Lots of lone diners.

10:45pm and the staff was all smiles.  


If in Ikebukuro or in most Tokyo locations if in need of sushi the Sushi-Zanmai chain never disappoints.  The president of this company paid $3 million for the 1st tuna of 2019 and he surely will be in the running again for 2020.  Oh!  The $3 million changed the life of that elderly fisherman.
My Previous Visit in 6/2018:

Restautant: Sushi Zanmai Ikebukuro Branch
Address J:  東京都豊島区南池袋1-27-8
Address E: Tokyo., Toshima-ku. Minamai Ikebukuro 1-27-8
すしざんまい 池袋東口店, 寿司、魚介料理・海鮮料理、海鮮丼, Sony RX100, Yelp, Tokyobelly, beer, sake, cheap, sushi, sashimi, tea, foodie, last train, 24 hours, last train, breakfast, lunch, dinner

1 comment:

  1. Steve, let me tell you, Christmas and New Year's is always rough on solo people like you and I. You do not need to apologize for your status. For me, I sit back and ponder if I was more popular, why would people find me attractive? I would hope it would be because I provided key data for something they were contemplating. My physical appearance, while not being a body-builder shape, looks reasonable. I am not a 20-something male with a belly out to there {too much high-fat consumption?}. But, if and when people learn how old I am (I lie about this on some websites.), do they disqualify me for that? Yeah, I know. They bitch and moan about not being sexist, ageist, or something else, but when they discover the male they were attuned to being age 60+, boom, the communication drops.
    It is rough. Keep on plowing through. I think for you, the challenge is when females discern you were an employee of a financial trust administration corporation. They will deduce you have money. Some things, despite the evolution of attitudes on the planet since 1970, still have roots with some females. They expect a male to support them forever and ever, even if their monthly expenses go beyond the pale.
    It will take work on your part to find a female who appreciates you for what you do, including this, and your other weblogs. May you develop that adjucation.

    ReplyDelete