Email me if you have Questions:

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

SAKURADAI: Ramen Jiro... finally made it back! But the charsui was dry and noodles thinner? Unfriendly chef... (Sony RX100)

I always crave Ramen Jiro but its such a massive calorie bowl of goodness that I try to only visit a few times a year... Was in the Sakuradai area and to my luck the line on a Weds night was only 2 deep!


L shaped counter seating

Recommended you buy black tea to drink along with your noodles as the fatty lard is quite heavy.

There was a sign outside requesting exact change as the machine was running out of coins.

Chef will ask everyone in line to buy pre-order from the machine.  He was also asking everyone to make the line tight and stand as close to the window as possible... so demanding this guy.

Back in line with my 700 yen chip.



Garlic chips... yum.



I don't know.  It was definitely a monster of a ramen for only 700 yen.  I asked for small portion of veggie topping.  The Char-Siu pork wasn't tender as he just cut up chunks from a round piece of dry pork.  The noodles seemed flat and not chewy as I remembered.  Overall the flavor didn't have quite the impact as before. Hmm...  

Sakuradai Jiro was one of the best Jiro shops in Tokyo but this new lone-chef really wasn't maintaining the quality.   If you want a great bowl of Jiro then definitely goto Hibarigaoka!

See my memories of Jiro from 2012 with melty char-siu and a friendly chef.

Restaurant: Jiro Ramen Sakuradai Branch
Address J: 東京都練馬区桜台1-5-1
Address E:  Tokyo, Nerima-ku, Sakuradai 1-5-1
MAP: https://goo.gl/maps/bqkEtYbATtwqajU5A

ラーメン二郎 桜台駅前店 , らーめんじろう, 桜台, Japan, Japanese, Tokyo, foodie, sony rx100, yelp, tokyobelly, Japan, tonkotsu, cheap, lunch, dinner,

No comments:

Post a Comment