Email me if you have Questions:

Saturday, June 15, 2019

NAKAMURABASHI: Kusaka-Tei Chinese Restaurant... wonderful 700 yen lunch special. (SONY RX100)

I rarely walk into these tiny Japanese restaurants as I'm always worried how they will react to a foreigner going inside... especially in a town where there are no tourists.








Upon entering the elderly waitress was friendly and immediately started chatting me up in Japanese with no hesitation.  I asked for the daily special "higawari teishoku" but needed to choose from 3 types of fish... I am pretty bad at remembering fish names.  



So I left it to the elderly chef... and he brought out this white meat fish. Nice!

Sumo on TV.  There was a couple drinking shochu, a single man with a bottle of beer reading comics and 2 men in the back ordering quite a few dishes.  Everyone seemed like regulars.



Man next to my counter seat reading comics.

You sure do get a generous amount of food for only 700 yen and they didn't ask for 8% consumption tax.   The elderly couple in the kitchen and old lady waitress were just so sweet... I will be back to enjoy the next daily special.

UPDATE: The 2nd time I visited Kusaka-Tei the assistant chef was making these wonderful round hamburgers that were fresh and huge! I totally wanted to try that!  But when I went back and ordered the burger lunch set the meat seemed like pre-packaged processed just microwave kind of supermarket meat.  I was soooo disappointed...   I think the best thing so far was the fish.

My little sister ordered the daily lunch special and it looked way better than the hamburger I got.

Restaurant: Kusaka Tei Restaurant
Tabelog Foodie: 
Address J: 東京都練馬区向山1-13-4
Address E: Tokyo, Nerima-ku, Koyama 1-13-4
MAP: https://goo.gl/maps/7KAVrqenY7KJvFr7A
クサカ亭, 中華料理, 中華麺, 餃子, 中村橋, Japan, Japanese, lunch, dinner, izakaya, foodie, yelp, tokyobelly, chinese, washoku, sake, beer, cozy, inexpensive, cheap

No comments:

Post a Comment