Email me if you have Questions:

Friday, October 16, 2015

SHIBUYA: Isari Ju Hachiban Japanese Izakaya... super busy with just ok food.

Rarely do I eat dinner in Shibuya but my colleague from Hong Kong was staying in the area so off for some Japanese seafood!

I'm a basic read of Japanese but this kinda threw me off... It was like Japanese in cursive.  I just couldn't make it out so quickly.

This was at 6:20pm... by the time 7pm rolled along the entire place was full.




Of course Okinawan Umi-Budo (Sea Grapes) a must!

Sashimi platter... hmm... it was what you expect.  Nothing special.


One of the tastiest dishes of the night.  Fish cheek marinated in tasty sauce.


Oh don't ask the waiter for a recommended sake!  The many choices of Nihonshu on the menu range from 400 - 500yen... but his recommendation is not on the menu and 950yen.  Nah... I passed on that.  There are places where 950yen for sake is very enjoyable but not at this very casual noisy Izakaya.

I think at the end of the day its all about who you are dining with.  I had a great time with my 2 colleagues... would I go back strictly based on the food? Nah...

Restaurant: Isari Juhachiban Izakaya
Isari Homepage: http://goodspiral.jp/isari/
Address J: 東京都渋谷区道玄坂2-6-12 道玄坂トロワービル 2F
Address E: Tokyo, Shibuya-ku, Dogenzaka 2-6-12
MAP: https://goo.gl/maps/tn32zuE3ZEx

漁十八番,  和食, 魚介料理・海鮮料理, 居酒屋, 渋谷, Japan, Japanese, sake, nihonshu, sushi, sashimi, canon 420f, foodie, tokyobelly, Tokyo

No comments:

Post a Comment