Email me if you have Questions:

Saturday, October 14, 2023

HOYA: Tonpu Yakiniku? Nope it was Hormones! Not a fan but got invited by a friend I gifted Okinawan Goya to. (Sony RX100, iPhone Xs)


I have this huge Goya Plant in my yard and its been really fruitful this year! Gave a few to a good friend of mine and he invited me out to try out a Hormone Yaki spot in Hoya. Shop is called Tonpu 豚風 (トンプウ)which means Pig Wind!


Sometimes its better to get a full bottle of Shochu rather than ordering individual glasses. 



Sony RX100 Menu... vs...

... iPhone Xs.  A bit brighter here. 

3 selections of Kimchee assortment 720 yen... the seasoning has such a great balance of spicy and sweet. 



Namuru! Spinach was so finely cut and super soft. Almost had a fluffy texture.

Lots of Yakiniku Meat!



And here everything comes... lots of hormone stuff.  Sorry guys I dont know what this is but had a slightly crunchy texture.

More wild stuff... Noticed the chicken neck.

The menu... Yeah, I wouldnt normally order this.



Pig liver?



Very interesting latin music on the BGM.

Someone likes the Gypsy Kings in here.




There were Yakiniku options like Kalbi on the menu but my multi-millionaire friend is so budget conscious... I kinda left hungry and rather drunk off the Shochu. 




Anyways on a Monday night we were the only one there. Waitress was very attentive and the atmosphere very nice here.  If you are looking for Yakiniku or Hormone Yaki in Hoya give it a try!

Restaurant: Tonpu
Restaurant J: 豚風 (トンプウ)
Address J: 東京都西東京市東町4-14-2 いずみハイムB号 1F
Address E: 〒Tokyo, Nishitokyo, Higashicho, 4 Chome−14−2 
焼肉、ホルモン、居酒屋, 西武池袋線 保谷駅, Japan, Japanese, yelp, tokyobelly, foodie, sony rx100, iphone xs, bar, pub, dinner, korean bbq, izakaya, 

No comments:

Post a Comment