Email me if you have Questions:

Saturday, July 11, 2020

OKINAWA URASOE: Bueno Chicken! Rotisserie chicken on a bed of chopped garlic... Tasty! (Sony RX100)

I mentioned to a Tokyo friend I was going to visit Okinawa for a few days and immediately she said goto Bueno Chicken!  I'm a huge fan of rotisserie chicken and even more for small locally owned businesses so it was on my list!  About a 30 minute bike ride from Naha Kokusai Street to Urasoe.

Due to Coronavirus they only allow one person to sit in the waiting area so couldn't get any shots of the kitchen.  There were 4 ladies waiting outside with me... popular with locals!


Chicken keeps spinning!



Interesting no-contact automatic payment system... almost looked like a printer.

1/2 a chicken for 850 yen and think a full bird was 1,700.





All that Garlic!  It wasn't tender and had a bit of a crunch to it... 

The tender juiciness varied from the different areas of the chicken but overall the flavor was mild and that might have been the aim as the garlic adds a nice punch.  Will probably try again on my next visit.

Plan was to bike ride to the pier and enjoy my chicken but that Okinawan sun is piercing... in just a few days I was all red and pealing.   Cat had the right idea... shade!

Restaurant: Bueno Chicken Urasoe
Address J: 沖縄県浦添市内間1-14-2
Address E: Okinawa, Urasoe-shi, Uchima 1-14-2
MAP: https://goo.gl/maps/RZPCagi9NDhaxgD79

ブエノチキン 浦添店, 中南米料理, 鳥料理, デリカテッセン, 古島駅, Japan, Japanese, foodie, yelp, tokyobelly, sony rx100, chicken inexpensive, lunch, dinner, take out, Oki, huli huli, naha

No comments:

Post a Comment