Email me if you have Questions:

Saturday, July 11, 2020

EKODA: Uogashi Sushi for a quick bite but the vibe was so strange here... No social distancing. (Sony RX100)

Saturday night and just wanted to have a quick bite at a neighborhood sushi spot... I tend to head to Nakano for my friendly favorite sushi bar but gotta support local too. 


I stepped in and the vibe was all off here... almost felt a bit of racial profiling that I haven't ever sensed during my years in Tokyo.  Maybe its due to the coronavirus.  Anyways I stepped in and they asked me to wait outside even though the restaurant only seemed about 1/3 full with most of the counter seating empty.

They sad me right next to a drunk guy at the counter who kept staring at me.

The otoshi.

Beer and otoshi (automatic appetizer thats usually around 300 yen) came out quick but then the chef just kinda ignored me.  Asked twice if I could order to which he said wait.  Rare to experience this degree of unfriendliness at a sushi spot. 

Went for my basic favorites... Maguro, Ama-Ebi and Ika.

This was pretty good!  Note they seem to add a higher portion of wasabi so if you would rather adjust it to your need then ask to remove the wasabi "wasabi-nuki" and get a pinch of it on your plate.

The Ika... shiny!

Amaebi was plump and good.

Of course rolls too. 



I was asked to sit at the end of the counter... as you can see customers plates were stacked up next to me and waiter taking orders kept rubbing up next to me to hand the orders to the sushi chef.  Everything here just seemed so off... 


Normally Ika is abot 100 yen a piece for here it was unusuall high at 360 yen.  It was so rubbery and I just couldn't bite into it... ended up swallowing one and not attempting to eat the 2nd one. 


Overall this place just gave off a really bad vibe.  Of the 4 sushi chefs two had their masks partially worn and one guy was coughing.  Never again.  

Restaurant: Uogashi Sushi
Address J: 東京都練馬区旭丘1-73-10
Address E: Tokyo, Nerima-ku, Asahigaoka 1-73-10

魚がし鮨 江古田店, うおがしずし, 寿司, Japan, Japanese, fish, sushi, sashimi, sake, Sony RX100, foodie, yelp, tokyobelly, beer, sapporo, nerima, burbs, lunch, dinner, covid19, corona virus,

No comments:

Post a Comment