Email me if you have Questions:

Monday, April 20, 2015

SHIBUYA: Taco Bell VIP Night... nicely planned poorly executed. Franchisee trying to promote on the Cheap?



Finally finally Taco Bell is coming to Shibuya on April 21st but lucky enough to attend the April 20th VIP night... well... maybe unlucky as the 9pm - 11:30pm VIP event ran out of food when I arrived at 9:50pm.  For Taco Bell?

Arrived and there was no line!  Come to find there was no food also.  Can only assume that Franchisee simply tried to promote this event on the cheap with thought to those who would be coming in until the event ends at 11:30pm.  



Did get 1 free beer out of it...







But I did meet this guy who was already lined up for the 10am grand opening the following day... You'll surely see him on Japanese TV wearing the number 1 Taco Bell T-Shirt (free to the first 100 folks).  Anyways this event just bombed in terms of Yelp standards... Who plans an event from 9-11:30pm and runs out of food within an hour?  

Restaurant: Taco Bell Shibuya

タコベル, 日本, 渋谷

2 comments:

  1. Hi would you mind sharing which blog platform you're working with? I'm looking to start my own blog soon but I'm having a hard time making a decision between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design and style seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something unique. P.S My apologies for getting off-topic but I had to ask! Shibuya VIP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taco Bell... phhttt. In the U.S.A., it's a "first job" for teenagers still in senior high school. I slum at fast service venues a number of times, but Taco Bell is never one I sink to.
    Now, if Del Taco shows up in Tokyo, that would be worth a shot.

    ReplyDelete