Email me if you have Questions:

Friday, January 30, 2015

TOSHIMAEN: Mantendo for a belly full of Fried Chicken and a new FB Friend... Chef/Owner Mr. Nemoto~

I really had no intention of eating Fried Chicken Karaage but one this rare occasion I noticed below the Japanese lunch menu there was a nice attempt at an English menu... had to support this place for the effort.

I entered and Mr. Nemoto directed me to the English Menu... but one catch its only a fraction of the menu and later I regretted not ordering the butter garlic karaage teishoku.





For 850yen (for some reason I was charged 950yen) you get 6 pieces of chicken topped with 3 different seasonings.  Liked the Chilli Oil the best.


Most of the pieces were juicy tender and fried to order.

Its a very easy in easy out lunch spot if you are ever in the area.  Not too sure if I could spend a few hours here drinking... a bit dark and the interior kinda depressing.  But Owner/Chef Mr. Nemoto is very friendly and will actively chat you up... and he says he has an ear for English :).  Foreign client base seems to be Westerners and Chinese.

Restaurant: ManTenDo
Mantendo website: http://www.mantendo.jp/
Address J: 東京都練馬区練馬4-18-15
Address E: Tokyo, Nerima-ku, Nerima 4-18-15
MAP: https://goo.gl/maps/RjRVH

満天堂, まんてんどう, 鳥料理, 豊島園, Japan, Japanese, yakitori, foodie, Tokyo, panasonic tz60, yelp, tokyobelly, lunch, cheap,

No comments:

Post a Comment