Email me if you have Questions:

Monday, July 24, 2023

NERIMA: Washoku Yagiya. Maguro bowls by day and Japanese Izakaya by night. Chef opened up his own spot after 50 years. (Sony RX100)

 

Always like to support new businesses and even more so when its run by an owner chef.


This heavily vegetable oriented bento caught my eye.  Have to pre-order and its only 600 yen.  SO! I ordered for both Thursday and Friday.

Cozy counter seating area facing the kitchen



Looks like he was preparing some kind of soup.



Lone chef.

His daily evening specials.  Reasonably priced.


Soooooo many different kinds of veggies.  I just felt so healthy after eating this.

One of his customers gave him some cherries... he shared.

The following day I was back to pick up my Friday bento.  Chef was taking pictures so he can remember what he made. 

I scored a shrimp this day!

He also gave me some Tuna rolls... very kind.

Chef Yagi-san has been cooking since he was 16 and after 50 years opened up his own restaurant. I don`t think he uses any kind of SNS and he is not from this area so seemed kinda stressed about customers finding his little restaurant.  He asked me if I like Osake (alcohol) and of course yes!  Will definitely have to stop by for some dinner soon.  If you are in the Nerima area please go!

Restaurant: Washoku Yagiya
Restaurant J: 和食 八木や
Address J: 東京都練馬区中村北1-13-18
Address E: Tokyo, Nerima-ku, Nakamura Kita 1-13-18
海鮮丼, 練馬駅, Japan, Japanese, foodie, yelp, bento, tokyobelly, sony rx100, lunch, dinner, izakaya, pub, bar, sake, nihonshu, yakitori, sashimi, sushi, take out, plate lunch, 

No comments:

Post a Comment