Email me if you have Questions:

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

KICHIJOJI: Menya Musashi Kodo for Dipping Noodles! ... A ho-hum experience for me. (Sony RX100)

A buddy of mine who has been dormant in his ramen adventures due to the coronavirus outbreak finally broke down and invited me to check out Musashiya Ramen in Kichijoji.   UNFORTUNATELY I ordered teh same item as him not following my rule to push the top left corner button that is ALWAYS the shops most recommended dish.  I pushed th one on the second column. 

4 ramen sizes!  You can select any of these without having to pay extra.  They offer 1 Kilogram!  I went for the smallest portion thats called Nami in Japanese.  Chu is medium portion and Dai is large (think its around 450-500 grams). 

Playing alot of Hip Hop on the BGM.  

Huge ramen broth pot. 



Small sticker on the counter letting folks know if you want free garlic topping just let the staff know.

This is me!  Guessing my Nami portion is about 180-200 grams that is my style. Shop specializes in Tsukemen aka Dipping Noodles. 

Extremely flavorful char-siu pork. 

Now for the broth.  It was very light.. almost watery.  Like I mentioned I pushed the botton on the 2nd column... but seems the 1st colum comes with a more muddy broth that I prefer.  Oh well.

Friend told me more that the ramen broth the noodles is what makes this place great.  For Tsukemen they will rinse the hot noodles in cold water so it will maintain the texture... normally if left hot the noodles will begin to get softer.  It had been ages since I had tsukemen and forgot to ask for Atsumori... noodles are not rinsed in water and kept hot.  This way its a bit more chewy. 


Overall I wasn't impressed with the flavor of the broth and price point was rather high.  Place has been around for years so they must have a huge following.  Anyways perhaps its worth a try.

Restaurant:  Kichijoji Menya Musashi Kodo
Address J: 東京都武蔵野市吉祥寺本町1-1-7
Address E: Tokyo, Musashino, Kichijoji Honcho 1-1-7
MAP: https://goo.gl/maps/q7drT1ERgSpvWGXw8

麺屋武蔵 虎洞 , めんやむさしこどう, ラーメン, つけ麺, 吉祥寺駅, Japan, Japanese, noodles, lunch, dinner, Tokyobelly, yelp, Tokyo, sony rx100, coronavirus, covid19, kichijoji, foodie,

No comments:

Post a Comment