Email me if you have Questions:

Thursday, December 6, 2012

IKEBUKURO: Tonchin Ramen (Original Shop) for a late night ramen run

After having a few tooo many 100yen whisky hi-balls at Koike Izakaya I honestly can't quite remember too much about this ramen spot.


Remember... top left corner is shop recommended item.  650yen for small, medium or jumbo ramen... and of course the top left has to be JUMBO!

Thats a good think... a brand new shop opening up in Asakasa-Mitsuke.  Guess this place is good.





What I most remember was this curly type of ramen noodle... I try to avoid this style at all cost because it reminds me too much of the 22cent Walmart Maruchan Ramen... But my friend said that soup tends to cling on to this type of curly noodle.

Yup... I added the fresh puree garlic and in the morning I could still taste it... ugh.  

Tonchin has a very solid foodie score of 3.52 points and it was fairly crowded on a Thursday night at 11:30pm... so I guess you can't go wrong for standard ramen here with their very very reasonable 650yen price point!

Shop: Tonchin Ramen - Original Shop
Address J: 東京都豊島区南池袋2-26-2
Address E: Tokyo, Toshima-ku, Minami Ikebukuro 2-26-2
MAP:

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment