Email me if you have Questions:

Tuesday, February 27, 2024

SHINKIBA: Himonoya for some amazing fish hotpot! Rented out the entire 2nd floor... super attentive service from the staff. (iPhone 12 Mini)

After a evening of of Amateur mix martial arts the gang all headed to Himonoya in Shinkiba for some very good seafood!  The course was mostly fish and I sure did need me some fish...


Our group rented out the entire 2nd floor.

All you can drink menu in the 4,800 yen course.  I pretty much stuck with the beeru.

Seasoned raw scallops

Sashimi platter with salmon, shiny skin fish and buri... none of my favorite tuna. 

Just had one slice of buri... it was incredibly thick, 

Grilled fish was soooo juicy... one giant one per person.


Little did I know I would absolutely love this fish hotpot.

Eggs that you normally find at most sushi shops but I dont think it was freshly made... seemed a bit processed but with a little diced daikon radish and shoyu it was nice.

Pickled veggies




Let that hotpot simmer a bit so the fresh fish gets nicely cooked. 

Had mostly beer but needed to get a bit of whisky hiball in the mix.

Then! After everyone nearly finishes all the fish and veggies in the hotpot we added a scoop of rice and a raw egg.  Soooo good! For some reason I tasted something cheesy... yum!


Most of the fighters were amateurs and regular people with normal jobs... nice crew of folks.


If you are interested in the next match just let me know! Will keep you all updated. But overall this izakaya was just sooo great... as huge as our group was the waiter and waitress had a positive attitude thru the end.  Great service!

Restaurant: Himonoya Shinkiba Main Branch
Restaurant J: ひもの屋 新木場総本店
Address J: 東京都江東区新木場1-3-8
Address E: Tokyo, Koto-ku, Shin Kiba 1-3-8
居酒屋、海鮮、鍋, りんかい線 新木場駅, Japan, Japanese, foodie, yelp, tokyobelly, iphone 12 mini, izakaya, pub, bar, cheap, seafood, sushi, grilled fish, nabe, 

No comments:

Post a Comment